As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period. After 6 months probation you will receive Â£1000 increase in salary, plus a quarterly increase of 3-4% every quarter fo
Trainee Claims Handler
Â£15,500 + performance bonus & 3 year training programme + 22 days holiday, rising to 25 days, pension, plus 8% bonus annually
This really is a fantastic opportunity to be fully trained and qualified in the insurance industry. As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period. After 6 months probation you will receive Â£1000 increase in salary, plus a quarterly increase of 3-4% every quarter for next 2 years based upon performance and 2 salary increases in your final year.
After the initial training has been completed (approx 3-6 month) you will take responsibility for your own case load including fire & theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
* Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated
* Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers
* Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and other by telephone and in writing
* Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through
* Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim
* Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate timescales.
* Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues to enhance overall team performance
* 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics
* Experience of working in an office
* Excellent communication skills
* Computer skills
When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd is an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions: Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive. For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website. You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles.