Job Title: Head of HR
Working on behalf of a dynamic international group who are a forward thinking and highly skilled company, we...
Job Title: Head of HR
Working on behalf of a dynamic international group who are a forward thinking and highly skilled company, we are looking for an experienced Head of HR to provide HR Leadership and strategic direction for the business and ensure effective support and advice is delivered to the company and colleagues across the UK and Europe. The role will involve overall responsibility for the HR, Recruitment and Training Function.
- Ability to influence, coach and build strong relationships
- Strong experience in a Leadership HR role
- Proven experience of implementing strategic HR initiatives
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Experience of recruitment and delivering people growth and strong engagement
THE ROLE - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a professional approach to human resource development and management, ensuring effective implementation of the companyand#39;s strategic and operational plans
- Be the lead ambassador of the company cultural values, ensuring they are understood and followed by colleagues at all levels
- Act as liaison with Group HR Leadership team and ensure compliance with Group HR policies
- Lead HR related initiatives and projects across the business
- Implement and manage HR, recruitment and training policies and procedures fully in line with the company policies, best practice and current legislation. Ensure all policies and procedures are complaint with equal opportunities, diversity and dignity at work, providing effective, fair and equitable management of staff throughout the organisation
- Liaise with department managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, ensuring they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and outcomes
- Provide full support and advice to department managers on HR and organisational development issues
- Maintain a strong knowledge and awareness of contemporary HR development theory and methods providing a suitable interpretation to Director level, Managers and all staff
- Full responsibility for maintaining an up to date employment law and legislation knowledge
- Develop and oversee the process of on boarding and induction for all new staff
- Develop and manage the performance appraisal system and peer to peer reviews
- Oversee the annual training and development plans for colleagues
- Responsibility for disciplinary, grievance procedures and offering full support and advice for department managers
Our client, is an established, fast-paced group that consists of two main areas; manufacturing and leisure.
Each business operates as a standalone entity so they are looking for an experienced senior HR professional with backbone. Someone who can operate in a hands-on capacity and relish the autonomy of role that requires implementation of strategic, tactical and operational HR to a group that is focused on continued success and growth.
The role requires best HR Practice across the board, from policies and procedures, terms and conditions, recruitment and retention, performance management, employee engagement, ER, pay and benefits and LandD.
The remit will fit someone who is focused when it comes to HR Process and Procedure. You will be responsible for bringing the business HR standards up to continually changing legal and best practice. You must have proven experience of leading an HR function, work to pace and be wholly confident to persuade and influence at board level.
On a personal level, you`ll be someone who can openly question and challenge based on sound rationale and be competent to manage a truly varied group of brands -each with their own DNA and HR complexities.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Salford, Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Preston, Stockport, Warrington, St Helens, Widnes, Blackburn
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail and HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people - we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It`s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: